Bsc Optometry Program
Imagine a world without light
Optometry is a profession that cares for this sense of vision. The academic and clinical training imparted to the Optometrists enable them with the skills needed to the diagnose, treat and prevent problems relating to a human being’s eye sight. Offering primary eye care, optometry is a challenging, stimulating and exceptionally rewarding profession that offers excellent opportunities for work in India and abroad
Capitalizing on this fantastic opportunity, the Al salama Institute, a subsidiary of the renewed Al Salama eye hospital, is offering a BSc. in optometry. This degree programme trains and equips students, looking to make a mark in a medical stream like optometry that is fast gaining popularity in India and abroad. The B Sc. Optometry offered here is a 4 year degree course.
Dedicated to providing professional and personal growth to every individual, the Al salama institute maintains the highest standards of academic curricular and courses structure.
- Students who have passed their higher Secondary Examination (plus two) in science (with 55% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology) State/central Boards.
- The admissions are based on merit interview.
Optometrists are licensed to examine your eyes for any vision defects or any eye diseases. Their four -year training prepares them to diagnose and treat primary eye diseases and injuries as well as to prescribe glasses, contact lenses, and other devices to enhance your vision. When they determine there is a problem, they can prescribe medications or other appropriate therapies. As part of your health care team,optometrist will work with your family physician and other medical professionals to coordinate your care.
Optometrists are becoming highly in demand because they can practice in their own with other eye care professionals, engaged in research or teaching.
The profession of Optometry throws open interesting possibilities like:
- Correction of refractive errors of the eye and prescription of glasses.
- Designing and fitting of contact lenses, prosthetic eye s and low vision aids.
- Evaluation of the health status of the eye and referring patients to ophthalmologists at the right stage.
- Detection of ocular related diseases like Cataract, Glaucoma, Diabetic Retinopathy etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of ocular malfunction.
- Practice Public Health Optometry in schools, colleges, slums, and rural area.
- Practice Occupational Optometry in industries.
- Conduct Optometric counseling for patients with patient sight, colour blindness, hereditary vision defects and disease etc.
- Conduct vision rehabilitation and follow-up work of discharged patients.
- Participate in public education on ocular hygiene and provide counseling in nutritional related and environmental awareness.
- Language I
- English I
- Core I – General Anatomy & Physiology
- Core II – Physical Optics
- Major Practical I
- Allied I – Biochemistry
- Value Education – Environmental Studies
- Language II
- English II
- Core III – Ocular Anatomy & Physiology
- Core IV – Geometrical Optics
- Major Practical I – Physical & Geometric Optics
- Allied II – Microbiology
- Value Education – Human Rights
- Core V – Optometric Optics
- Core VI – Visual Optics I
- Core VII – Optometric Instruments & Examination of Visual System
- Major Practical II
- Allied III – Pharmacology
- Value Education – Women’s Right
- Core VIII – Visual Optics II
- Core IX – Dispensing Optics
- Core X – Systemic Disease
- Major Practical II – Examination of Visual System
- Allied IV – A Pathology
- Value Education – General Awareness
- Core XI – Contact Lens I
- Core XII – Ocular Disease I
- Core XIII – Binocular Vision I
- Core XIV – Low vision Aid
- Core XV – Occupational Optometry
- Major Practical III
- Elective I (Nutrition/ Law & Optometry/ Clinical Psychology)
- Core XVI – Contact Lens II
- Core XVII – Ocular Disease II
- Core XVIII – Binocular Vision II
- Core XIX – Geriatric & Pediatric Optometry
- Major Practical III
- Elective II (Community Optometry/ Operation Theatre Techniques/ Nursing Procedures)
- Compulsory Clinical Internship
|Course||Indian Students||International Students|
|CCOT Optical Fitting||10,000 Rs|
|BSc Optometry||60,000 Rs / sem||1,500 USD / sem|
|MSc Optometry||35,000 Rs / sem||2,000 USD / sem|
|MS Ophthalmology||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|FRCS Ophthalmology||Contact Us||Contact Us|
Finances shouldn’t get in the way of your academic future. Al Salama offers flexible payment plans to meet your needs. Please contact us for more information.
Scholarships are available for qualified students. Please contact us for more information.
BSc Optometry 1st yr
“All the teachers and staffs are very supporting and friendly.“
BSc Optometry 2nd yr
“Along with the theory lectures we also have clinical posting which gives more exposure and experience in the hospital, equipments as well as communication with patients. “
Parent of Jaseel (BSc Optometry 3rd yr)
“I really thank one & all in the Al Salama College for giving a wonderful chance to build up my son’s bright future in the amazing world of Optometry.“
Parent of Anjulakshmi PK (BSc Optometry 3rd yr)
“I am really proud to say my daughter is studying in Al Salama Institute. The excellent faculties, lecturing & the refreshing atmosphere in the classs rooms are the magnetic power of attraction of Al Salama College. Here I again & again thank Al Salama College for building up the future of the Indian medical field.“
BSc Optometry, Graduate 2014
“After having completed my four year program, and having got a glimpse of the outside world, I can proudly say that Al Salama has put me a notch above most Optometrists like me.“
Msc Optometry, Graduate 2014
“My experience at Al Salama was nothing short of extraordinary. The faculty pushed me to explore well beyond my areas of background and comfort which opened new opportunities. I am now practicing at an Optometry Clinic in Dubai and I am truly enjoying every moment.“