Bsc Psychology Program
Being successful in today’s global marketplace is about making difficult decisions and calculated risks. But, look around….
- Finding problems in studies.
- Having difficulty at work.
- Struggling in a relationship that does not seem to be working.
- Struggling as a parent.
- Feeling depressed or lost.
If you are interested in why people think, feel and behave the way they do in such real life situations, then this could be the course for you. This course teaches you how to investigate people’s thoughts, feelings and behaviours using psychological research methods.
- Students who have passed their higher Secondary Examination (plus two) in any subjects.
This course offers students an engaging introduction to the essential topics in psychology. Throughout this study of human behaviour and the mind, you will gain insight into the history of the field of psychology, as well as explore current theories and issues in areas such as cognition, motivation, and wellness.
Motivation: Understanding what makes you tick.
Development: Realizing that change is possible no matter what your age.
Emotion: Gaining control over your feelings and moods.
Personality: Becoming better able to realize your ideal self.
Along with expository text, videos, animations, interactive exercises, and self-assessments form the framework for students to actively discover, acquire, and personally relate to the concepts and ideas offered in this course. For example, students will actively encounter material through “Learn by Doing” activities that facilitate and support learning with hints and immediate, targeted feedback. Coupled with these activities are “Did I Get This?” self-assessments that give students the opportunity to gauge their understanding of the material. Each module ends with a graded assessment.
Studying psychology gives you a broad range of skills that span both science and the arts and opens up opportunities with a variety of employers
Jobs directly related to your degree include:
- Clinical psychologist
- Counselling psychologist
- Educational psychologist
- Forensic psychologist
- Further education teacher
- Health psychologist
- High intensity therapist
- Occupational psychologist
- Primary care graduate mental health worker
- Psychological wellbeing practitioner
- Sport and exercise psychologist
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Language (MAL/HINDI) I
- English I
- General Psychology I
- Developmental Psychology I
- Biological Basis of Behaviour
- Environmental Studies
- Language II
- English- II (Communication Skills)
- General Psychology II
- Developmental Psychology II
- Educational Psychology
- Value education- Human Rights
- Language III
- English- III ( Communication skills)
- Social Psychology I
- Practical I- Experimental Psychology I
- Psychological Statistics
- Skill Based Subject 1: Counselling Psychology
- Non Major elective I : Women’s Rights
- Language IV
- English- IV
- Social Psychology II
- Practical II- Experimental Psychology II
- Research Methodology
- Skill Based Subject 2: Testing and Assessment
- Non Major elective –II General Awareness
- Core IX: Abnormal Psychology I
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology I
- Health Psychology
- Practical III- Experimental Psychology III
- Elective I( Consumer Behaviour B/Sports Psychology / HRM)
- Skill Based Subject 3: Life Skill Development
- Core XIII: Abnormal Psychology
- Industrial/Organizational Psychology II
- Practical IV- Experimental Psychology IV
- Elective II(Behaviour Modification B/Guidance and Counselling Services C/Psychology of Adjustment)
- Elective III (Environmental Psychology / Forensic Psychology C/Psychology & Gender Issues)
- Skill Based Subject4: Personality Assessment
- Extension Activities
|Course||Indian Students||International Students|
|CCOT Optical Fitting||10,000 Rs|
|BSc Optometry||60,000 Rs / sem||1,500 USD / sem|
|MSc Optomoetry||50,000 Rs / sem||2,000 USD / sem|
|MS Ophthalmology||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|FRCS Ophthalmology||Contact Us||Contact Us|
|Bsc Psychology||60,000 Rs|
Finances shouldn’t get in the way of your academic future. Al Salama offers flexible payment plans to meet your needs. Please contact us for more information.
100 % scholarships for all A+ students.
BSc Optometry 1st yr
“All the teachers and staffs are very supporting and friendly.“
BSc Optometry 2nd yr
“Along with the theory lectures we also have clinical posting which gives more exposure and experience in the hospital, equipments as well as communication with patients. “
Parent of Jaseel (BSc Optometry 3rd yr)
“I really thank one & all in the Al Salama College for giving a wonderful chance to build up my son’s bright future in the amazing world of Optometry.“
Parent of Anjulakshmi PK (BSc Optometry 3rd yr)
“I am really proud to say my daughter is studying in Al Salama Institute. The excellent faculties, lecturing & the refreshing atmosphere in the classs rooms are the magnetic power of attraction of Al Salama College. Here I again & again thank Al Salama College for building up the future of the Indian medical field.“
BSc Optometry, Graduate 2014
“After having completed my four year program, and having got a glimpse of the outside world, I can proudly say that Al Salama has put me a notch above most Optometrists like me.“
Msc Optometry, Graduate 2014
“My experience at Al Salama was nothing short of extraordinary. The faculty pushed me to explore well beyond my areas of background and comfort which opened new opportunities. I am now practicing at an Optometry Clinic in Dubai and I am truly enjoying every moment.“